Discussion 7

 Topic : Farming fisheries in Apollon

Gon : agree /  Sea resources are being depleted, so farmed fish will provide for it. The demand for seafood is increasing all over the world, so we aim to improve the economy by producing it in Apollo as well.

Anna : agree / Raising farmed fish will improve the economy of Apollon. It is my dream to become such a profession. We are surrounded by a rich ocean and should do industry to take advantage of it.

Me: disagree / I am against fish farming. Fish farming has a bad effect on natural fish.  It is not good for our beautiful seascape. My uncle is a fisherman, so he said there would be decrease their work. 

Sora : disagree / Fish excrement and food residues pollute the ocean 


I think there are three main problems with this topic.

1. environmental pollution

      a. Our island is surrounded by coral reefs, so farmed fish will hurt them.

      b. Farmed fish adversely affect natural fish. (e.g. making food from natural fish).

2. overfishing problem

     a. Raising farmed fish makes natural fish unsaleable.

     b. Natural fish fishermen will lose their jobs.

3. transportation problems

     a. Our country doesn't have airplanes, so we can't transport fresh fish.

     b. Our country has a high level of agriculture, so the demand for fish is expected to be low. Therefore, we do not have to take more fish than necessary.


Gong and Ana suggested some solutions.

1.2.→ Controlling the amount of farmed fish. By doing so, we can take the right amount of fish that will not pollute the ocean. Focus on both natural and farmed fisheries to ensure that both provide a stable income.

I thought the explanation about the coral reefs was inadequate, but I thought the proposal to control the catch of fish was very good.


3. → Focus on the production of processed foods. Processed foods have a longer shelf life and can be shipped to other countries.

I thought the perspective of processed food was good. I think that shipping it to countries where fish consumption is high would lead to an economic improvement for our country. However, there is no need for cultured fish that can be used in other countries.


My thoughts

At first I thought there were too many problems with farmed fish. However, after hearing Gong and Anna's opinion, I thought that farmed fish wasn't too bad.    

Gong and Ana told me how they thought they could solve the problems. They didn't solve all the problems, but I think their thinking was closer to the realization.

At first I thought the demand for fisheries was low because our country is a prosperous agricultural country, but when I looked at it from a different perspective, I realized that in order to develop the country's economy, we need to develop the industries that are not yet prosperous. Therefore, I thought it would be a good thing to start an aquaculture business if we want further economic development of this country.

If we do the kind of tests that Alex suggested and find out that farmed fish do not adversely affect our country, then I thought it was okay to have an aquaculture fishery.


Result

We did not reach a consensus. Our opinion was mostly consensus, but we have to talk more. 










コメント

  1. Hi. I'm Gon. I think you were able to point out very important problems.
    We were able to deepen the discussion thanks to you! We had to prepare more. Let's keep working hard together!

    返信削除
  2. Hi, I’m Karen. Thank you for your good job, this discussion had deep meaning. It is important to hear other opinion and to reflect it for own opinion if you consent. You had your role very well.
    Thank you!

    返信削除
  3. Hello, I’m Chipp. You spoke clearly and loudly, so I could easy to hear your opinion. In addition, you said sharply questions to agree side, so I could think this suggestion deeper. You had many questions and reasons why it will be problem. It was really good. As a improvement point, if you think more about what makes you change mind to agree about aquaculture, you could have more suggestions for agree side people which you all can merge your opinions. Thank you, Mia.

    返信削除
  4. Hello, I'm Anthony. I agree with this topic but you made me realize that there are those problem thanks to your opinion. Your opinion is very logical, so I could easily understand. Thank you for good discussion.

    返信削除
  5. Hello, I'm John. Your pronunciation was clearly and cool, so I could listen to what you said. You asked questions actively to agree side. This is also good point. However, you had better discuss and think the topic more seriously because aqua culture will be a chance to make economy in Apollon better. It was good discussion. Thank you!

    返信削除
  6. Hi, I'm Anna. I liked your opinion and it made my idea more realistic. Also, I expected that you ask us the question such as how it will be operated in our region. But you did good job. Thanks!!

    返信削除
  7. Hi, I’m Julia, your question is clearly and realistic, so it is good! In addition, you organized questions and solutions, it is good for audience to understand. In addition, your English pronunciation is good!! Thank you for your great job:)

    返信削除
  8. Hi, I'm Minnie. You worked with Sora to ask a lot of interesting questions to agree side people. Your opinion had some important points such as environmental problems, so you had better tell agree people these problems more strongly. Anyway, you did it well! Thank you, Mia :)

    返信削除
  9. Hello, I'm Kingsley Maskerar. Your discussion was great although didn't reach a consensus. I could understand your thoughts. Actually I heard your discussion in disagree side. You were one of presenters who made discussion actively! Good job!

    返信削除
  10. Hi. I'm Jane Fisher. I think the aquaculture will cause pollution, too. Also, fish in Apollon is already sufficient and exporting is difficult. Therefore, I think we couldn't get enough profit if we started the project. Thank you.

    返信削除
  11. Hello. I'm Lily. You asked many questions that you afraid of. It is good for closing consensus. You said there is no airplane so we can't transport fish food. Although I think ships can transport to foreign country. But it takes time too much... In the end, you accepted agree sides' solution but I wanted know what problem should you discuss more. Thank you for good discussion, Mia!

    返信削除
  12. Hello, I'm Davis. Thank you for your hard wark. I strongly agree with your opinion that it is not bad to run aquaculture for the sustainable development of this country. Your remarks were very relevant and easy to understand, so I wanted you to ask more questions if possible. That may have led to a consensus. Thank you!

    返信削除
  13. Hello, I'm Symons. Thank you four your good discussion. I can understand your opinion that
    we have some problems on farming fish. However I would like to improve Apollon's fishing industry, so I think we should discuss them more. Thank you.

    返信削除
  14. Hi, I'm Alex. What you said sounded confident, so it was persuasive. You are already a good speaker, but if you are a better panel discussion speaker, you need to speak slowly and in a little louder voice. But good job, Mia. We could have a good panel discussion thanks to you.

    返信削除
  15. Hi, I am Spenser. You focus on three things which relate Apolon's main industry. This is very important and I also concern about environment problems. There are still some problems about landscape from our audience. Your concern was solved before, but you would be better to think about our concern too.

    返信削除
  16. Hello, I'm Scott. Your opinion was clear and easy to understand. But I wish you would have asked more questions on the pro side because there was a lot of lack of clarity in the discussion. I think it was a good discussion even though you didn't reach a full consensus. Thank you.

    返信削除
  17. Hi, I'm Matilda. You said your opinion clearly and loudly so it was easy to understand. I think it would be better if you emphasize or said slowly the words you wanted audiences to hear carefully. However, almost your work was good! Thank you!

    返信削除
  18. Hi, I'm Ethan. Your opinion was easy to understand and makes total sense. I asked you "What will you do if the amount of the catch goes down and the demand goes up?" You said the amount of the catch is enough and Apollon's population would not raise. This opinion is very likely. Thank you!!

    返信削除
  19. Hi, I'm Sora. In the discussion, you really helped me! Thank you very much! I hope our sea will be more developed!

    返信削除
  20. Hello, I'm Nakasy. Your pronoounciation was really good and I could listen to your speech well. You answered audiences' questions well. So I have no choice but to be impressed you. Thank you.

    返信削除
  21. Hi, I'm Bob. your opinion was concrete and easy to understand. If you want to improve the city, I think there are some parts that you have to compromise on. Thank you good discussion.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Discussion2 : To shut down outward and inward traffic to Appollon due to the Global Pandemic

Discussion 11